Hello, my beautiful Honeymooners! Have you missed me? Well, I have certainly missed you, and I swear there could be no more pleasant surprise when launching my post-hiatus comeback than to find a nomination for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award! It’s really so wonderful to be honored with another award hardly two months after launching Secondhand Honeymoon, especially when it’s from the author behind Threads, a haven for those who want to learn more about the top names in men’s (and sometimes women’s) style. His detailed posts are always a delight to read, and the knowledge that he finds my blog inspiring is pretty damn awesome. Make sure you check out Threads; the guy’s got great taste, clearly! 😉
The award rules, below:
Thank and list the blogger who nominated you.
List the rules and display the award.
Share seven facts about yourself.
Nominate 15 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
Proudly display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you.
Seven facts! My word! Y’all are just so nosy! *huff* Alright, alright:
1. I LOVE anchovies. I put them on top of sliced country French bread that’s toasted with butter and olive oil. You’ve got to try it sometime; it’s life-changing.
2. I used to hate my natural curls because it took me years to figure out how to properly take care of my hair texture, and I thought they were a pain in the ass anyway. It took a really good haircut and a lot of self-love to accept, love and totally rock my curls!
3. I’m taking Secondhand Honeymoon on the road next summer! I will be posting more about that in the future, and my dream is to meet other style bloggers hosting here and collaborate with them.
4. I am a total slob. It just takes a few days of not picking up after myself for my apartment to become a disaster area, and when I do clean it takes me hours! And I live in a studio that isn’t all that big.
5. When I was really young I used to want to be an Olympic figure skater, but I didn’t go ice skating for the first time until I was 16, for high school gym class.
6. No Doubt is my all-time favorite band and I saw them in concert for the first time on their reunion tour in 2008. That cemented my girl crush on Gwen Stefani.
7. Even though I can’t really sing, I love doing karaoke–I just perform rap songs!
And now, on to my nominees. This is my favorite part of these awards; I really enjoy letting people I admire know that they inspire me in turn, as much as I inspire those who have nominated me. With Secondhand Honeymoon I always strive to give my followers and viewers content that is beautiful, creative, fun, and above all, meaningful, giving pre-owned, pre-loved items a new story. Thanks so much again to Threads for honoring my efforts here, and without further ado, in no particular order:
The Fashion Huntress, Cortneybre, The Ohio Transplant, Camera&Colors, The Nomad Fashionista, Layeredindulgence, Pennies to Pins, Style Surani, Little Book of Fashion, A Vintage Vice, We So Thrifty, The Citizens of Fashion, Feline Creatures, The Editors Journal, Miss Doris Alyce
Thanks for stopping by, Honeymooners! I will be returning this week with awesome posts, so get ready, ’cause here I come(back)… 🙂