Hi, Honeymooners! I’m here with my THIRD award post, how exciting! This time around it’s the Liebster, presented to me by the lovely Ruby Rose of The Fashion Antlers (I really like that name, by the way…). This cutie has a personal style blog chock-full of charming, creative looks, so naturally, you should check it out! I am honored to have been chosen by her for this award. Thank you, Ruby Rose! 🙂
Regarding the award itself…these are the rules!
(1) Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
(2) Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”.
(3) Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
(4) Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
(4) Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
(5) Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
(6) List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award, and provide a link for them to your post so they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it)!
Eleven facts about myself…here goes nothing, Honeymooners!
1. I have another blog here on WordPress! It’s called Le Muse Dangereuse, and it’s comprised of erotic stories I’ve written. Very NSFW. Posts there have been sporadic, but I am working on a new one to be published.
2. I have “You Are Fucking Awesome!” written on my bathroom mirror in purple lipstick. I chose purple because it symbolizes royalty and I am a queen! You probably don’t believe me, I mean, who would do something like that, right? Well…
3. In my senior year of high school I wrote a Shakespearean sonnet with a 5-syllable word in one line–desideratum.
4. I had my first kiss at 18, during my first week of college.
5. It’s impossible for me to not burn at least one pancake in a batch.
6. I wash my clothes less than once a month. This is either testament to how willing I am to repeat items without washing, or how much clothing I have. Or both.
7. I feel like the worst sort of traitor when I eat cookies without a glass of milk.
8. I am so infatuated with my new camera that I have nightmares about it breaking and I wake up in a sweat.
9. I used to be able to ‘stand up’ (bent over with my hands still on the handlebars) on my bike seat with both feet, while my bike was moving. I was nine.
10. Despite the above, I didn’t learn how to ride with no hands until I was 18.
11. I have a long, fast stride for someone who’s not all that tall. I routinely outpace most people I walk with.
Next…the questions Little Miss Ruby Rose asked of me!
1) What inspired you to start a blog? I had wanted to do a style blog for a long time, but I had reservations. I had seen other blogs and was like “Geez, mine will never be that good…” But then I realized I didn’t know that until I actually got out and created a style blog! At first, I was dating a guy who was a trooper and took all my pictures for what were going to be a few posts. When we split, I was entirely on my own with the project. I sucked it up, bought a tripod, went outside in my outfit for my first official post, “Finding Me”, and learned it wasn’t nearly as difficult as I had been thinking. I wanted to create something based on my love of thrifting and vintage, creating looks that are almost entirely comprised of pre-owned items. For me, there used to be a sort of shame surrounding the idea of going to a thrift shop to find clothes to wear, but once I got into it, partially out of necessity, I loved it. And later on, I had fantasies of sharing that love with the world in a creative, fun way. Secondhand Honeymoon is that way.
2 ) Do you prefer shopping online or in store and why? Shopping in the store has obvious perks–being able to see what an item really looks like, being able to try it on, etc…but shopping online is great too; there’s so much more to be found there, it seems. And I am very familiar with my measurements, so I always have a great idea of what will fit without having to try it on first. Online wins, for me!
3) What’s your favourite post you’ve ever written? Royally Rebelling! It was just so much fun. It incorporated my love of history and princess-for-a-day fantasies.
4) What are your three favourite stores / designer labels? I love thrifting more than anything, so Salvation Army is my top favorite store. I’ve never failed to find something to love in one of them. My favorite for straight-up vintage is Mill Crest Vintage, in Lambertville, NJ. They specialize in wedding looks, but the boutique is crammed full of gorgeous vintage dresses, separates, shoes and accessories! The first time I went I felt like I’d died and gone to heaven. If I get married, that is where I am going for my dress. Consignment shops are great too…best I’ve been to is Once Worn, in Philly, PA. Great mix of ‘high’ and ‘low’ items, and wonderfully organized on top of it.
5) What social media platforms do you use to promote your blog? I use Facebook and Twitter. I don’t have a smartphone, but that may change soon. If it does, I’ll be joining Instagram for sure.
6) What can’t you leave the house without? My Sansa Clip MP3 player to effectively ignore street harassers, my Kindle, and Rosebud Salve!
7) Do you have any hobbies, other than blogging? I love to read; I am a voracious reader. Usually I am reading more than one book at a time, and I carry my Kindle in whatever purse/tote I’m using for the day. I’m also a wannabe stand-up comedian. I’m always cracking jokes.
8) Who’s your favourite blogger? My favorite blogger is not on WordPress, and I won’t say where they can be found. But I will say…they are absolutely amazing. I am smitten. 🙂
9) Where do you see yourself in five years? I see myself being radiantly happy–loved and in love, with a job/career I look forward to investing time in, not necessarily financially lucrative. Maybe with a cute Corgi puppy that I can dress in berets and sunglasses.
10) Favourite flavour of ice cream? This is so easy. Turkey Hill’s Double Dunker! It’s mocha ice cream with crushed Oreo cookie swirl and chunks of chocolate-chip cookie dough. Best. Ever.
11) Most importantly, tea or coffee? Tea! I’m especially in love with Bentley’s mango green tea. I sweeten it with a couple tablespoons of dark honey.
Without further ado, and in no particular order, here are the blogs/bloggers I wish to bestow this award upon:
And, finally, your questions to be answered in your award post!
1) Who/what are your top three style influences?
2) What is one item you wouldn’t be caught dead in, and why?
3) What are the top three ‘best buys’ in your closet right now?
4) What is your favorite season to dress for, and why?
5) What are your essentials for a weekend away?